New Orleans Car Accident Lawyer
Common Car Accident Injuries in New Orleans
Car accidents range in seriousness from minor fender benders to major collisions, but even seemingly small car accidents can have lasting consequences. There are many factors involved when it comes to the injuries sustained in a given car accident, including the speed of travel, the angle of impact, and the type of vehicle involved.
Some of the most common auto accident injuries include:
- Whiplash and/or neck injuries
- Bone fractures
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Internal organ damage
- Concussions/head injuries
- Loss of limb
- Torn ligaments
- Blunt force trauma
- Fatalities (wrongful death)
In addition to the physical injuries sustained in an auto accident, many individuals suffer some degree of emotional trauma as well, such as PTSD. This can greatly affect your ability to return to your normal, everyday activities and may even lead to the development of a fear of driving.
Call (504) 586-3535 or contact us online to set up your free car accident case evaluation today! We will help you understand your legal rights and options as well as whether you have a case.
What to Do If You Are Injured in a Car Accident?
Following a car wreck, do the following as soon as possible:
- Make sure you and everyone else involved is okay and call an ambulance if needed. Do not be embarrassed to ask for help or to admit that you have been hurt. Your wellbeing should be your first priority.
- Make sure to check if anyone hit their heads, chest, knees, or other parts of their body against anything in the vehicle. Impacts against steering wheels, dashboards, and other parts of the car, can cause serious injury.
- If the car accident was particularly bad, call an ambulance as you may suffer from internal bleeding or other conditions which are not immediately visible to the human eye.
- Call the police. Call the police and wait for them to arrive. Cooperate with the officer and remain polite and calm. The officer can do his or her job better if you are clear and responsive to the questions. Also, make the officer aware of any witnesses to the accident.
- If you make a personal injury claim with an insurance company without a police report, you may run into trouble. The other driver may dispute the facts, and if the evidence is ambiguous the insurer may only offer relatively limited compensation.
- Take the names, numbers, and addresses of any witnesses to the auto accident. Witnesses often do not want to be involved, but it is important for you to take down the information of anyone who saw the auto accident. Witnesses can corroborate the facts of the car accident, helping you access the compensation you may be entitled to.
- Take pictures. Record the damage done to all of the vehicles involved before they are moved. After the automobiles are moved, most of the evidence is lost. Take photographs or a video of the point of impact, debris on the street, damage to the vehicles, and any physical injuries sustained. Make sure to record nearby traffic signs and traffic lights as well for identification purposes.
- Call an experienced New Orleans personal injury lawyer before talking with an insurance adjuster. The insurance company will want to take down your statement, even if you have already filed one with the police. They will attempt to record your statement and ask you a long series of questions that you may not fully understand or be aware of their significance. The personal injury lawyers in New Orleans at Hammond Law Firm can help you prepare for this statement and can even attend the questioning with you.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Car accidents in New Orleans can result in serious injuries and extensive property damage. Victims often need medical treatment and are unable to work for some period of time following the car accident. In the most tragic car accident cases, car wrecks can lead to permanent disabilities and wrongful death.
If you are involved in an automotive accident, you may be entitled to damages to financially compensate you for your pain, property damage, lost wages, medical expenses, and other damages.
Our New Orleans Car Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Fight For You
A New Orleans car accident attorney from Hammond Law Firm, LLC can guide you from start to finish while helping you maximize your compensation. Our New Orleans legal team has the experience and the knowledge to effectively represent you and/or your loved ones in an auto accident case.
The personal injury lawyers at Hammond Law Firm, LLC will coordinate with your physician and other healthcare providers to determine and review all of the medical aspects of your car accident case. Our detailed knowledge of Louisiana automotive regulations, liability, and insurance law will help you get fully compensated for your personal injury case.
Our legal team can provide decisive guidance and knowledge on what steps to take immediately following the incident. From protecting one’s rights and gathering evidence for insurance cases to understanding financial responsibility for damages and filing an injury claim, our New Orleans car accident lawyers experience is critical when navigating accident legislation.
Having a skilled car accident law firm by your side will ensure the process is handled professionally and with finesse.
Experience and knowledge are of great importance when choosing a car accident attorney, and we have an over 25-year history of successfully winning car accident cases for wrongfully injured Louisianians.